Wednesday, May 4, 2016

THE BOTTOM LINE

Nove works in Kuwait as a maid and is under contract until July 2018. She works from 7am to 11pm seven days a week. She is only aloud to leave the house one day a month to go into the city and send her salary home to the Philippines. Her contract stipulates she is to make 120 Kuwaiti Dinar a month which comes to a little over $300, but her "employer" only gives her 100 Dinar a month. Her contract also stipulates that she is provided medical treatment when needed, but of course this is not the case. Her passport is confiscated which is against Kuwaiti law and international law. If it were not for the measly $300 a month this would be slavery. She does all this just so she can pay for her children to go to school in the Philippines.
We, myself included, complain about so much and there are so many that live with such misery. The fact that the woman I love is going through this is so heart wrenching and there is nothing I can do and the fact she loves me knowing I'm not financially able to save her shows what kind of person she is. I think about what would I do if I was in that situation and I probably would have moved on to the next guy with money. I am partially disabled physically from a spinal cord injury so I am limited on the kinds of jobs I can get. I have two years to figure this out and come up with enough money to survive in the Philippines which is about $15-$20 thousand. I promised I would be there when she got off that plane from Kuwait in 2018 and somehow someway I will do it.


https://youtu.be/fdP1MQe0vYA


No comments:

Post a Comment