Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Background Info

My name is Jason and earlier this year just by chance I met a wonderful woman named Nove. We casually conversed through Facebook messaging where we met. Before I knew it we were video chatting on a really cool android app called Imo and eventually Skype. Video chatting is a completely different than instant messaging or even talking on the phone. With video you can see facial expressions, mannerisms, and body language which can really help in telling if someone is genuine or not. I'm not saying it's fool proof, but it's just like sitting in the same room getting to know the person with the only limitation of no physical contact.
Nove is 36 and from the Philippines. She is currently working in Kuwait as a maid. I will get into her employment situation a little later. It is quite disturbing. She is working in Kuwait to earn money for her children's schooling.
Now, I will go over this one time because there will be people thinking it like I did I am ashamed to say. A lot of Americans stereotypically think automatically when they hear about some American man falling for a some girl in a poor country like the Philippines, in my case, that usually it's about money or a green card. When it comes to Filipina women this assumption is wrong.  Yes thee are some like this, but most are not. The Philippines is a very Catholic oriented country and the women there are for the most part humble, respectful, kind, and very family oriented. I ignorantly had this assumption. So, when I informed Nove I was disabled and poor and she didn't care I thought well that leaves the green card issue until she informed me she wanted me to move to the Philippines when her contract is over in Kuwait. I felt such a sigh of relief that this feeling I had about her was true. She is one of the most sweetest and genuine individuals I've ever met. We have both fallen hard.                                                                  
                                
                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment